Taylor Swift out and about
Seen out and about with her family Taylor Swift recently from one direction Harry Styles, appears to be getting some support from her family. The 22-year-old country music star was spotted leaving a dinner with her family at Mastros Steakhouse in Beverly Hills on Thursday night.
Finding comfort in her family: Taylor Swift was seen leaving Mastros Steakhouse after having dinner with her brother Austin on Thursday night.
What would she choose from the menu though would it be from the steak menu a be a plate with Petite Filet 8oz or a Filet 12oz or from the seafood menu of
- Chilean Sea Bass
- Big Eye Tuna Sashimi Style
- Scottish Salmon Fillet
- Pacific Swordfish
- Alaskan Halibut
- Alaskan King Crab Legs
- Twin Lobster Tails or
- Live Maine Lobster
- 250g beef fillets , you’ll need a nice thick piece of centre cut
- a handful of rocket leaves
- parmesan or Grana Padano, shaved with a potato peeler
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- ½ tsp English mustard
- Put the beef into the freezer for 30 minutes to firm it up and make it easier to slice.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, put the egg yolks in a blender or mini processor (or use a hand whisk) and add the olive oil in a steady stream. Season with lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Take the beef out of the freezer. Using a very sharp, large knife, cut slices as thinly as you can. Lay these on a plate and cover them with clingfilm as you cut to stop them colouring. If you put a layer of baking parchment or clingfilm between the layers you’ll easily be able to separate them out easily later.
- To serve, plate the beef slices on a platter or individual plates, heap some rocket leaves in the middle and drizzle the dressing around the edge. Finish with parmesan shavings.
Alaskan King Crab Legs
- 3 bottles premium ale
- 3 lemons, cut in 1/2
- 1 head garlic, split in 1/2
- 3 pounds Alaskan king crab legs, split
- Drawn butter, for serving
To a large stockpot with a steamer insert, add beer, lemons and garlic and bring to a boil. Add crab legs and cover. Steam for 5 minutes or until crab is cooked through. Serve with drawn butter.
Mastros serve a secret recipe Warm Butter Cake, I do not have the recipe but you could try the one below.
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line an 8cm-deep, 19cm (base) square cake pan with baking paper.
- Step 2 Using an electric mixer, cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Step 3 Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine. Add half the flour. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Step 4 Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Update found this recipe online
Butter Cake (a la Mastro’s)
Makes 5 servings for normal people
- 3 c. butter
- 3 c. sugar
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 c. flour
- 1 Preheat oven to 325.
- 2 Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Add Philadelphia cream cheese; beat well. Add 3 cups flour; beat well.
- 3 Bake in a smallish, round bunt cake pan 1 1/2 hours.
Nursing her broken heart or not as the case might be Taylor is still eating or it could be picking her food who knows not I. Anyway she is getting out there with a glum face and being noticed which is what she wants – publicity after all is good. I wonder if Harry is out and about to…now let me see….