X-Factor hopefuls or is wannabes have been chosen and are waiting the live shows and on the xtra factor Miss Caroline Flack and her side-kick Matt Richardson is is it Mark!
Do they have the same chemistry as Olly and Caroline the shows will reveal over time I am sure! Anyway on Saturday the challenge was to create the biggest ice cream sundae they could and what a mess they made and not very tasty but if you want to make a super tasty sundae try one of these recipes.
- 175 ml double cream
- 100 grams milk chocolate (chopped)
- 100 grams smooth peanut butter (skippy for preference)
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 4 scoops toffee ice cream (or caramel ice cream)
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons salted peanuts (roughly chopped or left whole to taste)
- Put all the cream, chopped chocolate, peanut butter and golden syrup into a saucepan and place on the heat to melt, stirring occasionally. In about 2 minutes you should have your sauce ready.
- Get out four sundae glasses and put a scoop of toffee or caramel ice cream in each, followed by one of chocolate and then another of vanilla.
- Pour some chocolate peanut butter fudge sauce over each sundae and sprinkle with the salted peanuts. Hand them round and wait for people to weep with gratitude.
Or try Peppermint Hot Fudge Sundae from Martha Stewart
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup, plus more to adjust consistency
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Best-quality vanilla ice cream
- Peppermint candy, coarsely chopped
Combine heavy cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir to combine, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and add chocolate and peppermint extract.
Whisk until the chocolate is melted. If necessary, adjust consistency with additional corn syrup. Serve over ice cream. Garnish with chopped peppermint candy.