Mr Gary Barlow is travelling round the country entertaining the masses and this week he hit Blackpool and was offering a 99 with 2 flakes and raspberry sauce for the first one to see the tower, oh Mr Barlow you are just so generous.
Try these Gazza will be baking another batch next Sunday and you are more than welcome to come and sample a couple!!!
These taste as good as they look and are super simple to do top them off with your favourite sauce and bits or nuts yummy. Not forgetting the cadburys 99 flake
These cupcakes are great for summer parties, events and just as a treat instead of ice-cream or chocolate.
For The cakes:
- · 6oz of soft unsalted butter or margarine.
- · 7oz caster sugar
- · 1tsp vanilla extract
- · 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- · 2oz ground almonds
- · 5oz self raising flour
For the Butter cream:
- · 4oz soft butter
- · 8oz icing sugar
- · Flakes, sprinkles, ect to decorate
Cream together the butter and sugar thoroughly
2. Gradually add in the beaten eggs and stir gently.
3. Sift in the flour and, vanilla essence to finish off.
4. Spoon the mixture in to the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cakes spring back once touched.
While the cakes are baking bend the butter and icing sugar until it is light and fluffy ready to be piped on the cupcakes once completely cooled.
5. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow to completely cool.
with a number 3 large nozzle pipe Mr. whippy style and decorate with a flake and some sprinkles.